Join the Travel Hacking Cartel

Monday, February 21, 2011

Mid-morning delight

I forgot the name of this castle, but it's pretty freakin' sweet!!!
This is a true story. I couldn't make this up if I tried!

Lauren and I needed to deposit money in our friend Emily's, account for the internet bill. I had class at the god-awful hour of 8:30 a.m. so I met here outside our flat afterward. We meet up just in time and she looked flustered.

SCENARIO:
Me: Hey, let me make sure I have the information in my bag.
Lauren: You better cause I'm not going back in there. Guess what I just saw?
Me: Encarnación? (our land lady)
Lauren: THERE ARE PEOPLE HAVING SEX RIGHT NEXT TO OUR MAIL BOXES!!!
Me: Oh. My. God.

I am not making this up.

I guess when she got out of the elevator she saw a guy with his pants down pressed up against a girl in a coat. The best part was he had the juevos to say "hi" to her. Pun intended.

This was at 10:30 on a Monday morning.

Only in Granada.

In all seriousness, I really do have a problem with this. I don't understand why any self-respecting person would do this? I really wish that Encarnación would have found them, so she could tell them off, but she's really old so she may have had a heart-attack.

Anyway, the rest of the day was pretty slow. After we went to the bank I went down to the bookstore to see if the had the book Lauren and I needed for Spanish class. Basically, these books have been impossible to find and everyone in our class has been struggling to get one. The first store was closed, but on the way there I ran into my friend, Mardi from Washington, and she showed me another place. Luckily they had two books waiting there for me to take home.

I also made another silly mistake. On my way to the spin class, I realized I forgot my pass to get into the gym. Of course I was half-way there when I had this epiphany, so I decided to run along the river instead, which was gorgeous by the way...

Palabra del día: Cerezas, meaning cherries. Today in class I accidently said, "Le gusta los crezas" instead of "Le gusta las cerezas. The first phase is roughly translated, I like the growth...

I think I'm improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...