Join the Travel Hacking Cartel

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Me gusta el sol

Unlike everyone in the US, we've had warm sunny weather here for the past two days. Lauren and I decided we wanted to go shopping. One thing I've wanted to get here was a nice pair of boots because every single woman wears them and I want to blend in as much as possible. We woke up about 11 o' clock though and didn't finished getting ready about 2 p.m. Unfortunately we forgot that the shops close for "lunch" between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. so we walked around for awhile. Luckily, the food places are open and since it was so warm and nice out we decided to get frozen yogurt and people watch in one of the plazas.

Once the stores opened up we we're able to get what we wanted. I got some cute black books. I also learned that my shoe size in Spain is 41! Then I had a moment of weakness and decided to splurge on a gray leather jacket to wear on days when the weather is not too hot or too cold, like April 23. So now that I have these items I can be a true Spanish fashionista.

We are going to attempt to cook tonight: pollo con verduras =D.

Also I've decided to do something at the end of every blog called palabra del día (word of the day for all of you non Spanish speakers). Today's palabra is pijo. The other day I was trying to read an Spanish interview about my fiance, Enrique Iglesias, and out of all the other unknown words this one stood out. Form what I've looked up, it can mean a lot of different things. Pijo can mean preppy, posh (in peninsular Spanish), rich kid or my favorite prick/cock lmao... but if anyone who is more fluent please feel free to leave a comment here or on my facebook page if you have a better translation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...